Monday, August 6, 2012

The Trip of a Lifetime pt. 2

After the Taj Mahal, we headed out to the Agra Fort.  The fort is the palace where the emperor who built the Taj lived.  He later spent the last eight years of his life imprisoned in the Fort by his eldest son, who had become the new emperor. The fort was absolutely one of the most spectacular places I've ever seen in my life.  I could've wandered around that place the entire day listening to Ramesh describe daily life in the fort and the way it would have looked back then.  I was so fascinated by every aspect of the palace.  Once again, I was ridiculously overexcited and was loving my life.















I found this spot with this unbelievable view of the fort, the river, and the Taj.  I wished more than anything that the spot could be my new home and I could spend my life gazing out at the astonishing view.


After the fort, we went to a Persian rug shop and watched as two men hand tied each individual thread onto the loom to create a gorgeous rug.  We did a little shopping, got some delicious dinner at a hotel, and then crashed into bed.

The next day, we set out to head back to Delhi and get to the airport.  Along the way, we stopped to....wait for it......ride an elephant!  Yeah, that happened.  In real life.  It was amazing and slightly nerve-wracking.




We also stopped at a Hindu temple and took a few pictures.

Afterwards, we went to the airport and I jumped on a flight back to my Rising Star home.  My trip was absolutely unreal.  It was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced.  I'm so grateful that I'm here in India and that I got to see one of the wonders of the world.  I can't believe this actually happened in my life.  

As incredible as the entire trip was, I was so excited to get back to Rising Star and to the kids.  Their smiles and hugs when I returned was the best thing in the whole world. I love my little home here.  


Thank you so so so much to my Mom, who is incredible and so supportive of me in every way.  Thank you to Benson, Ramesh, and Abish Travels for the most amazing trip ever, and thank you to every one of you who is reading my blog and sending me your love and prayers.  I am so blessed.  I can't say it enough.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Berlyn
    for all your help and support,
    you are SUPER!!!


    Kind regards

    Benson Massey
    benson@abishtravels.com
    http://www.abishtravels.com

    Tel: USA +17 47 224 7491
    India + 918586035491
    Find us on FACEBOOK
    Skype: abishtravels

    ReplyDelete